Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Downloaded Report

Quite often downloaded data will have non-breaking spaces Character 160
attached to them that TRIM() does not remove. Try:

=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(160),)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Erika" wrote in message
I have a report that I download into excel - it has a currency value and
when
I try to do a calculation on it - it will not work. I noticed that the
values are not formatted as a number so I changed that. I also noticed
there
are some extra spaces in the field I tried the clean function, the trim
function and convert text to columns to attempt to isolate and remove the
extra spaces - none seemed to work.

Any other suggestions to get these converted to text so calculations will
work?