Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Margaret Bartley Margaret Bartley is offline

Default Offline Help File

Wow! This is so cool! I didn't know I could do this.

thanks!

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
You can create a short-cut to local help and use it whether or not you are
connected:

Should be called something like:

XLMAIN10.CHM or XLMAIN11.CHM

XLADDIN.CHM for addins
XLMACRO.CHM for macros

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a

"Margaret Bartley" wrote:

I have a dial-up connection, and it's really irritating when I click on
the
Help button, to look up the syntax of a function, and Excel tries to look
it
up online. It takes about three minutes, and, more often than not,
crashes.

I have the Help information on my computer already. When I'm not online,
it
looks to my local harddrive.

I don't see a setting anywhere to have Help look locally.

Where can I find it?