Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Offline Help File

If you have Excel 2007, you can click on Office button | Excel Options |
Trust Center | Trust Center Settings | Privacy Options | uncheck the
"Search Microsoft Office Online for Help content when I'm connected to
the Internet" box | OK.

Margaret Bartley wrote:

I have a dial-up connection, and it's really irritating when I click on the
Help button, to look up the syntax of a function, and Excel tries to look it
up online. It takes about three minutes, and, more often than not, crashes.

I have the Help information on my computer already. When I'm not online, it
looks to my local harddrive.

I don't see a setting anywhere to have Help look locally.

Where can I find it?