Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default What formula do I use?

Try this ARRAY formula that must be entered using ctrl+shift+enter
=COUNT(IF(YEAR(A1:A21)=2007,A1:A21))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"MABuckeye" wrote in message
I work for a small business and have created a spread sheet for each of the
employees tracking thier Vacation Benefit. Currently there is a row that
documents each day that a vacation day is used by the cell being
formulated
for date. At the end of the row I have to manually enter the number of
days
used. Is there a way for this cell to tally up the days automatically by
counting the number of cells with a date in it. I tried using Logic
functions like IF but I cant seem to get it to work. Any suggestions would
be
greatly appreciated.

thank you