Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suesea Suesea is offline

Default What formula do I use?

have you tried any of the "count" forumlas as in counta? Check to see if you
have a menu bar that looks like fx. click on that and it will show you
different functions. Go to counta and then highlight the area you wish to
count.
--
suesea

"MABuckeye" wrote:

I work for a small business and have created a spread sheet for each of the
employees tracking thier Vacation Benefit. Currently there is a row that
documents each day that a vacation day is used by the cell being formulated
for date. At the end of the row I have to manually enter the number of days
used. Is there a way for this cell to tally up the days automatically by
counting the number of cells with a date in it. I tried using Logic
functions like IF but I cant seem to get it to work. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

thank you