Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] tforms1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cell Height question

Hi I have a few questions about cell size in excel.

Lets say I have a brand new excel sheet.
In cell B1 - I type a copy of an email (over 300 characters)

Sometimes the height of the cell will get bigger.
So the row height goes from standard (12.75) to a lot bigger (114.75)

But other times, the cell heigh stays the same, even though the amount
of characters in the cell is alot.

Why does it sometimes change, and sometimes not? (assuming its the
same amount of data in both situations)

Also, is there a way to set up the spreadsheet file, so that it does
NOT change?
I have a file that I will be putting the titles of books in Column A
and the description in Column B, but I dont want the heigh to change.
It makes it harder to browse/scroll when the cell height it too large.

Thanks