Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aligatrjoe aligatrjoe is offline

Default Excel's file name incorrectly shows ":" and a number for # of shee

Wanting to understand why Excel adds a colon and a number for number of
sheets in its Title Bar. Really have two questions. First I deleted 7 of 9
sheets in an .xls file, resaved to a new file name, reloaded same and file
name still had the colon and 9 sheets. Looked like: myfile.xls:9 So how
do I correct this? Secondly, if I have two excel files open and I switch
them by looking on the task bar, I would prefer to view only the two files,
not all of the sheets as is happening now. Haven't figured out how to
accomplish this.

Would appreciate any help.
--
Bill W