Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Creating a PivotTable w/o selecting data in an existing PivotT

Hi Damian

Yes you can.
Select any cell in your source data rangeDataPivot TableNextenter any
other valid range that you wishLayoutset which fields are to appear in
which sectionsFinish

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Damian" wrote in message
Roger,

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate your help. I do understand
that
doing this will target the data used to create the first PT, and not the
PT
itself, but I need to use a different range of data in this second table.
Is
there any way I can get my machine to allow this?

Thanks again,

-Damian

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Damian

Although the wizard shows the PT Name, if you read the first line of the
dialogue box, it says
"Which Pivot table report contains the data you want to use?"

It will refer back to the source data for that PT, not to the PT itself
and
will save memory as opposed to creating a new PT from a given source data
range.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Damian" wrote in message
I am attempting to create a second PivotTable using the PivotTable
Wizard
and
need to use an Excel database as my data source. Each time I select the
data
range and hit Next it gives me a list of PivotTables to choose from for
my
data source. Excel should be giving me the option to create the table
from
an
existing table (as it is) to save memory or choose a new data source.
If I
use another machine in the office it does give me this option. Is there
any
way to get my computer to give me this option? I appreciate any help.