Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 Not Responding

Hi Terri

If you are using whole columns, then things are slower with over 1 million
cells to format, compared with 65536.

What happens when you choose a smaller range and apply formatting, is it not
responding then?

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Terri" wrote in message
My 2007 version of Excel is unusable. Whenver I make an update, even
something as simple as changing the font size in a cell or cells it takes
forever. As soon as I hit the enter key I get the hourglass, within
seconds
a totally white screen with "Excel Not Responding" at the top pops up. If
look in task manager it shows two occurrences of the task as follows:

TASK Status
Myspreadsheet(Not Responding) Not Responding
Myspreadsheet Not Responding

The task will eventually finish if I wait long enough.

If I download this same spreadsheet to a maching with Excel 2003 the
response time is excellent, I want only seconds or a fraction thereof.

This happens with every action I take.

Yesterday I uninstalled my Office Professional 2007 and reinstalled, I
donwloaded all maintenance and restarted my machine. I then opened my
spreadsheet, clicked on a group of cells, and attempted to change the font
size. I was literally hung up for 20 minutes. Same problem...

Any ideas?
tln