Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Smith[_2_] Andy Smith[_2_] is offline

Default How to change the default of 30 days change history

Exactly -- what I want is, no change history, ever.

--
Andy Smith
Senior Systems Analyst

"Bob I" wrote:

Humm, I set it to 5 days or 1 day here save it and it stays. On the
OTHER hand if you UNshare it, the "spinner" goes back to 30 days.

Andy Smith wrote:

It's fairly well-known that a good way to reduce the size of an Excel
spreadsheet is to use the Tools / Share Workbook command to share it, reduce
or eliminate the number of days change history from 30, and then un-share it.

My problem is: 30 days seems to be a default -- even if you save the
workbook with one day and re-open it, it reverts back to 30. I suppose I
could write an Auto_New routine in Book.xlt that sets KeepChangeHistory or
ChangeHistoryDuration, or calls PurgeChangeHistoryNow, but is there a better
way, e.g., by (dare I say it?) modifying the registry?