Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Defining a custom-named Range across several worksheets

When you create the name, precede it with the sheet name (001!$A$1), and it
will be local to that sheet. Then on sheet2, use 002!$A$1, etc.

--
HTH

Bob

"Sven Herremans" wrote in message
Hello,

I seem to have a problem:

I want to name a range across worksheets.

eg. In several worksheets in a workbook I want the cell A1 to be named
customcell1. However when I go to the naming feature (Insert Name
Define)
it always overwrites the previous version...

I mean: when I open the window from worksheet '001' I get for range
customcell1 ='001'!$A$1.
Then when I go to worksheet 002 and open the window I get for the range
customcell 1 ='001'!$A$1. If I change it to ='002'!$A$1, then it changes
the
value of the range in the 001 worksheet too, while I'm certain you can
have
ranges with the same name on different worksheets. In the Insert Name
Define window the name than appears as customcell1
'001', however I can't do it myself it appears...

Any help/hints would be appreciated,
Best regards,
Sven