Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Excel

The workbook has been designated as a shared workbook. Click TOOLS in the
menu and select SHARE WORKBOOK. On the EDITING tab, remove the check mark
from the ALLOW CHANGES BY MORE THAN ONE USER AT THE SAME TIME check box and
it will be converted back to a single user workbook.
--
Kevin Backmann

"PV" wrote:

We have a number of excel workbooks on a shared network drive. Normally if
you open a workbook and another user is already working in it/viewing it, you
receive a file in use message with read only/notify when available etc
options. However on a recently created workbook this notification doesn't
appear - how can I fix this so that it does?