Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joan Joan is offline

Default Merging Data

Yes some names appear in both sheets and other names may show on only 1 sheet.
There are no duplicated names on either sheet.

Basically I want to start with Worksheet A - that lists names and hours
worked in Jan. I want to add another column in Worksheet A from Worksheet B
that are hrs worked in Feb. Keep in mind that not all the same names appear
on both worksheets.
--
Me

"Pete_UK" wrote:

So, you will have some names that appear in both sheets, and other
names that appear in only one of the sheets? Are you likely to have
any duplicated names within any one sheet?

Where you have a name that appears in both sheets, how do you want to
merge it? Will the data be identical on both sheets (so you just want
to discard one record), or might there be some information from one
that needs to be added to the corresponding information on the other
sheet?

As you can see, you do really need to supply some more detailed
information about your requirements.

Pete

On Oct 19, 11:44 pm, Joan wrote:
I have 2 worksheets that I would like to merge all the data into 1.
Both these worksheets are a listing of staff names, job title, department
and the hours they have worked in the last 6 months.
I want to merge these worksheets so that I am able to have all the info for
each employee from both worksheets on 1 row in another worksheet. The
problem is worksheet 1 and 2 don't have all the same staff listed - as new
people are hired and others leave.
Hope that is enough information that someone is able to help me.

Joan

--
Me