easy

If you'll use the same form again, you can form a worksheet with formulas,
then pastin' the answers will be enough to make answers be grouped

A B C
Question No: Answer:
1. answer.1 =(IF(A1=1;b1;"")
=concatenate(b1;b2;....;b12)
2. answer.2 =(IF(A2=1;b2;"")
3 answer.3 ....
1 answer.4 ....
2 answer.5 ....
3 answer.6 ....
1 answer.7
2 answer.8
3 answer.9
1 answer.10
2 answer.11
3 answer.12

it's enough to write formula in one cell, then pullin' the "+" will copy the
formula to selected cells
with this manner it won't take more than 2 min' to prepare the whole
worksheet
(this example is only for question no.1)

attention: concatenate function works up to 30 cells, if more than
30answers, use more concatenate

"c_prenderville" wrote in message
Hey,
I would like a formula whereby I can string together text strings in an
excel database together
i.e. I have two columns, "question number" and "answer"... and a long list
of entries (each question number coming up several times with different
answers)
Now I want to have all the answers for question 8 as a text string in a

new
cell...
How do I do it?
Would appreciate a quick answer... thanks