Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Remo Shiva Remo Shiva is offline

Default Unwanted dash

Hi

sorry if this has been posted before, i didnt know what to search for.

I am sorting out my company invoice, in the sub total column i have for
example "=E24*F24" and so on, then at the bottom I have another sum
adding those up to give me the overall total.

My problem is in the subtotal column, every cell where I have that
divide sum, a dash is shown as default until the sum is used then I get
the amount of the divide.

can I get rid of the dashes? I dont want a column of dashes (-) in the
subtotal, I want them all blank.

Thanks very much in advance for any help
RS