Posted to microsoft.public.excel.printing,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel
Andy Andy is offline

Default Help, Excel Files Being Wiped Out: Data Lost or Corrupted

"mmb" wrote in message
I can't help.. I am having the same problem. I've had it now for at least
year, it only happens with well worn VERY extensive, formula laden Excel
files.

Can anyone out there help?

I have managed to recover some corrupt Word and Excel files by using Open
Office or Star Office to open and save the files.
Open Office is a free download. Star Office is available via google pack.

This technique is guaranteed but has dug me out of a hole several times. It
does not work with VBA.

Andy