Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Casey Wong Casey Wong is offline

Default Excel 2003 file conversion problem

HI,

I am trying to convert an excel 2003 file (developed in XP) to be opened in
excel 2002 or older versions (on a windows 2000 pc), so I use the 'microsoft
excel 97 - 2003 and 5.0/95 workbook' save option. But the converted file
cannot be opened. I have also tried to save the 2003 file using the ' excel
5.0/95 workbook' option and the file can be opened in excel 2002 windows 2000
pc. But some features and data are lost. I would be grateful if someone
could provide help and advice for this problem, i.e. how can I convert the
excel 2003 (XP) file into an excel 2002 file or older versions ( on windows
2000) without the lost of data?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Best Regards
Casey Wong