Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
claryal claryal is offline

Default how do i build a stacked bar graph with three variables?

Excellent idea; however, my particular problem was better solved using a
pivot table chart. A local person helped me build it.

thanks for your input.

"John Mansfield" wrote:

Assume that the data set below resides in the range A1:C4. Groups A, B, and
C are the three variables. Each group has three components which consist of
the numbers under each group.

Group A Group B Group C
1 2 3
4 3 2
6 5 5

Select the range A1:C4. Click on the Chart Wizard. In step 1 of the chart
wizard, choose the stacked column chart. Hit the next button. In step two
of the chart wizard select the series in rows. Hit the next button. In step
three add titles, etc. Hit the next button. In step 4 of the wizard choose
the chart location. Finally, hit the Finish button and the chart should be
complete.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"claryal" wrote:

want to construct a stacked bar graph with each bar representing a specific
variable and the components of it.