Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Standard deviation

Hi

The limitation of 30, is to 30 sets of data, not 30 individuals.
Supposing you have numbers in A1:A50
=STD(A1:A50) will produce the standard deviation of those 50 values.

You could have =STD(A1:A50,B20:B90,C10, etc ....)
The 30 refers to the number of entries between the commas.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Svi" wrote in message
I have a datasheet with data of more than 30 people. I want to calculate
the
standard deviation, but the Help function of Excel tells me that Stdev is
used for a group of max 30 persons. What function should I use to
calculate
the standard deviation for a group of more than 30 people?

J.A. van Iwaarden