Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel changing my numbers

You have to format the cells as text *before* you put the data into the
cell.

As Kevin told you, you can convert the numeric value to a text string as you
type it in by preceding it with an apostrophe.
--
David Biddulph

"Liela" wrote in message
Problem is that when I format it as text it rounds the last number. Any
other ideas? Not sure how to covert the numeric value to a text string ala
Lotus 1-2-3.

"Kevin B" wrote:

The numbers are so large they're displayed in scientific notation. You
can
format the column as a text format and the numbers will be treated as
text,
or if you prefer you can use an apostrophe prefix to convert the numeric
value to a text string ala Lotus 1-2-3.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Liela" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a string of numbers in one column, once the
numbers
get past a certain point they will either do (4.11248E+15) this or they
will
round to the nearest number. It is imperative that I have these
numbers
exactly the way that I put them in. Can someone help me asap???

Thanks!!
Liela