Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

Default How to make the active cell "pop out"

THANKS for the link.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It should be instantaneous, if it is slow there is something else going on.

To remove it, see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--
---
HTH

Bob

"FC" wrote in message
Thanks for the code, it works perfect, however when I save anything now it
takes a lot of time to do it. Is that normal behavior because the macro ?
Another question : if I decide to remove it ( the macro ) how can I do it?
Apoligies Julie27 for barging in like this and thanks for the help Bob.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Here is one way

'----------------------------------------------------------------
'----------------------------------------------------------------
Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With Target
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With

---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Julie27" wrote in message
ps.com...
Is it possible to make the active cell more noticeable by either
having the active cell be a different color or have a darker border
around it?

I work on Excel spreadsheets on both a Mac and a PC. The PC active
cell is very noticeable but I have a hard time seeing that on the Mac
version. I tried filling in the table with a light background color
to see if the active cell would be a different color. It's not. Any
suggestions on how to make the active cell more noticeable.

I'm working with Microsoft Excell 2004 for Mac
Version 11.3.7
I have a 12" PowerBook G4. (The small screen doesn't help the problem)

Julie