Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default maximum over a non continuous range

Well, if you didn't simplify your example just for this posting, you could
specify each cell individually like this...

=MAX(C5,E5,G5)

or you could select the cells, give them a name (such as MyRange) and then
do this...

=MAX(MyRange)

or, it appears that you could do this also...

=MAX(C5:G5)

Rick

I want to find the maximum over a non continuous range of cells. I
know how to do it if they are continuous but I don't if they are not.

For instance I want to find the maximum of the values in C5 E5 & G5
but ignore the intervening cells

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David