Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cerobeth cerobeth is offline

Default using more than 1 formula in the same cell in excel

Thanks for your help. You make it sound so easy, but will that work having
so many variations? Column A can be any number of items, column B has
several items but only 1 of these items needs to be recognised in the formula
and C will give a different price for each of items A.

"Gav123" wrote:

You could use data validation for the drop down boxes..

See Here.

Then the VLOOKUP function for the prices.

for example your information is contained Sheet2 A2:C50
A B C
1 Clothing type Material Cost
2 Jumper Wool £3
3 Shirt Silk £5

Your formula might look like this (assuming your drop down lists are in
Sheet1
cell A2 (Clothing type) Cell B2 (Material)
In Sheet1 cell C2 type...

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!A2:C50,3,0)

This will return the following...

If Jumper is selected from the first drop down list cell C2 will show £3.

Hope this helps,

Gav.

"cerobeth" wrote:

I am trying to create an order form where column A has a drop down box to
choose an item and column B has a drop down box to choose a category.
Depending on the choices selected I need to create variable prices.

ie if A = jumper, B = wool then C = £3, but if A = shirt, B = silk then C = £5

Can anyone help me please