Domenic

In article ,
Robert wrote:

Do I owe you anything for
your time and trouble?

Thanks is more than enough. :)

BTW, what is it with using CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER ?
What is the concept of this?

See Excel's help menu for a detailed explanation. Search for...

- Array formula
- About array formulas and how to enter them

Could you explain to me the formula that you
came up with in more detail so that I may try to understand it better?

Let's first take a look at the LARGE part of the formula. If A2:B8
contains the following values...

20 1
28 2
16 3
35 4
10 5
12 6
33 7

A2:A833 returns the following array...

FALSE
FALSE
FALSE
TRUE
FALSE
FALSE
FALSE

ROW(A2:A8)-ROW(A2)+1 returns...

1
2
3
4
5
6
7

IF(A2:A833,ROW(A2:A8)-ROW(A2)+1) returns...

FALSE
FALSE
FALSE
4
FALSE
FALSE
FALSE

Therefore, LARGE(IF(A2:A833,ROW(A2:A8)-ROW(A2)+1),1) returns 4, which
is used by INDEX to refer to the fourth cell in the range B2:B8. The
reference B5 is returned. Then we end up with the following...

SUM(B5:B8)

Hope this helps!