Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Galfriday Galfriday is offline

Default Find then save to different worksheet

Thanks for trying, but it does not work. I might as well copy and paste each
record to a new worksheet. This is how I am set up:
No. 1...Smith...Jan...Feb...Mar...etc. ($ entered in each month)
No. 2...Brown..Jan...Feb...Mar...etc. ($ entered in each month)
I need to get all the records for Smith entered from worksheets 04, 05, 06,
and 07 onto one separate worksheet named "Smith". I need a record of all his
payments over the past 4 yrs on one worksheet. Then I need to do the same
for Brown, etc....18 different names in all. Will this explanation help? I
am unfamiliar with filters, so if you can help, please send me the steps or
exact formula. Thanks for your help!

" wrote:

Not sure what you want here. Think this is what you are looking for:

Select your range, Data-Filter-Autofilter. You will now have a drop
down for each of your headers. Select the client you want, copy the
rows and paste to your client worksheet.

If this is not what you are after a macro could do the job.

Giff