Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default I need help - search formula

On Sep 28, 9:49 am, Jamie wrote:
This is what I want to do;

Type in a name and have it bring up a phone number for me. I know that it is
possible, I did it about five (5) years ago, but for the love of me I can't
remember how to do it.

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

Is your data containing the names and phone numbers stored in another
sheet? If si, use a VLOOKUP formula. Say in Sheet2 Column A contains
the name and Column B contains the phone number. You would use the
formula below to look up the phone number for the name in A1.
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)