Robert

Okay, Nice work Domenic

The formula is almost doing what I need it to do, but, if there
is not a number larger than 33 in any of the A cells ex. A8:A2, Excel
is giving me an error #N/A. If there is not a number larger than 33, I
need all the corresponding cells calculated together. Also I changed
the formula to start looking from A8:A2 instead of A2:A8, I meant to
put them down the right way in my previous post.
No Biggie, I changed that.

(For Cell C8)
Example "If A8 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum only B8"
Example "If A7 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B7:B8"
Example "If A6 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B6:B8"
Example "If A5 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B5:B8"
Example "If A4 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B4:B8"
Example "If A3 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B3:B8"
Example "If A2 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B2:B8."

=SUM(INDEX(B8:B2,MATCH(TRUE,A8:A233,0)):B8)

One more thing I did notice, when it finds the very first A cell with
a number larger than 33, I need for excel to go no further than that
line for the calculations, I noticed that if there are more than one
cell in A8:A1 with a 34, it calculates from the very last one. In
other words, If A5 and A3 both have a value greater than 33, I need
for the formula to stop at A5 and calculate only from C5:C8.

Thanks so much for your help so far, I would never have gotten this
far. Thankyou ! Robert

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:44:10 -0500, Domenic
wrote:

How about something like this...

C8:

=SUM(INDEX(B2:B8,MATCH(TRUE,A2:A833,0)):B8)

E8:

=SUM(INDEX(B1:B8,MATCH(TRUE,A1:A833,0)):B8)

Both these formulas need to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not
just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Robert wrote:

OKAY !

Im gonna try to explain in more detail!

Column C only goes back 7 rows.
Lets say, for C8 I need for it to look from A8:A2 for
any number above 33.

(For Cell C8)
Example "If A2 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B2:B8."
Example "If A3 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B3:B8"
Example "If A4 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B4:B8"
Example "If A5 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B5:B8"
Example "If A6 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B6:B8"
Example "If A7 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum B7:B8"
Example "If A8 is Greater than 33, I need for it to sum only B8"

Column E goes back 8 rows.
Lets say, for E8, I need for it to look at A8:A1 for
any number above 33.

(For Cell E8)
Example " If A1 I need for it to sum B1:B8."
Example " If A2 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B2:B8"
Example " If A3 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B3:B8"
Example " If A4 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B4:B8"
Example " If A5 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B5:B8"
Example " If A6 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B6:B8"
Example " If A7 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B7:B8"
Example " If A8 is Greater than 33, , I need for it to sum B8"

Thanks .. Robert
pacrat2001 <at msn <dot com