Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Adding only vertical error bars to a single data point in a series

Bernard -

Google does that to the URLs, supposedly for privacy or whatever, but I find
it a PITA.

I think that the OP wanted an error bar on a single point. To do this, you
need a range for error bar values, with all cells blank except the value for
the particular point. Using the Custom setting for error bar values, select
the range, so that the value lines up with the point you want, and zeros
line up with the rest.

I don't know why they made it so hard to add the error bars you want to
series in Excel 2007. In the new version you have to add the whole bunch,
then remove what you don't want. It took me like an hour to figure this out,
and I don't think I'm a newbie at charting.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Chris,
I could not follow you URL since you abbreviated it - why not cut and
paste?
This one is specific to XL2007
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/he...074621033.aspx
I simply make the chart with both vertical and horizontal error bars then
deleted the horizontal
best wises
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris Wagner, Northern Michigan Univ."
soft.com wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I need to add only vertical error bars to a single data point in a series
on
a scatter chart in Excel 2007.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...x#AddErrorBars is worded in a way
that
sounds like it is possible to do that in Excel 2007 yet I don't appear to
have the option in the properties for a particular data point or be able
specify only vertical error bars instead of both (horizontal and
vertical) or
none.

How can I add only vertical error bars to a single data point in a series
in
Excel 2007?

Thanks,

Chris