Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Font change won't take!

Check and see if the cell(s) have conditional formatting applied - that may
be what's forcing the color back to black when you leave it. In the menu bar:
Format | Conditional Formatting
see if there are any conditions applied.

You can also try selecting the cells and choosing
Clear | Formats and seeing if you can't set the color/bold property after
that. But any special number properties you had applied to them will also
disappear.

"gaca0002" wrote:

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet filled with just number values. In order
to highlight a particular number, I tried to make it bold and in red colored
font. As soon as I move to another cell, however, the changes revert back to
unbold and black font. I've tried to format the cell to the way I want it.
I've tried to change the font and then hit save prior to moving to the next
cell, but cannot get the change to remain. Please, help!

Thanks