Old September 24th 07, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Font change won't take!

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet filled with just number values. In order
to highlight a particular number, I tried to make it bold and in red colored
font. As soon as I move to another cell, however, the changes revert back to
unbold and black font. I've tried to format the cell to the way I want it.
I've tried to change the font and then hit save prior to moving to the next
cell, but cannot get the change to remain. Please, help!

Thanks

Old September 24th 07, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check and see if the cell(s) have conditional formatting applied - that may
be what's forcing the color back to black when you leave it. In the menu bar:
Format | Conditional Formatting
see if there are any conditions applied.

You can also try selecting the cells and choosing
Clear | Formats and seeing if you can't set the color/bold property after
that. But any special number properties you had applied to them will also
disappear.

Old June 15th 18, 06:58 PM
Junior Member

Default Locked fonts in Excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaca0002 View Post
I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet filled with just number values. In order
to highlight a particular number, I tried to make it bold and in red colored
font. As soon as I move to another cell, however, the changes revert back to
unbold and black font. I've tried to format the cell to the way I want it.
I've tried to change the font and then hit save prior to moving to the next
cell, but cannot get the change to remain. Please, help!

Thanks
This might help you:
1 - In Excel 2010 go to the Format Cells window by either:
Home tab Expand the Fonts group (bottom right)
OR right click on highlighted cells and click on Format Cells
2 - go to the Protection tab.
3 - If the Locked option is checked, then uncheck.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Cheers!