Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default VLookup Function ?

Thanks for the info Biff. I just took a quick look via the web interface...
since I am not registered, I have no "medal" level listed and there is no
MVP icon either.

Rick

"T. Valko" wrote in message
I don't know all the particulars because I rarely post through the web
interface (any more)...

If you're a registered user of the web interface and someone rates your
reply as helpful then the reply is marked and the more helpful ratings you
get you're then awarded as a "medal" level contributor and a little icon
will appear next to your name. The levels are Gold, Silver and Bronze.
This let's posters know your replies have been helpful to others and
you're a credible source.

Registered MVPs that post through the web have an MVP icon appearing next
to their names.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Thanks a TON. I'm trying to rate your post too and they don't
make it that easy. I will figure that out.

You are welcome. What do you mean by "rate [my] post"? Rate it where?
With whom?

People that access through the MS web interface can rate the replies as
helpful or not.

As an MVP you can also rate the replies as having answered the question
or not.

Interesting... I've been answering questions on newsgroups for about 8
years now and this is the first I've heard of this (of course, I don't
use the MS web interface for my newsgroup interaction). Where do these
ratings "go"; I mean, are they looked at and, if so, by whom (and how, if
at all, do these ratings affect me)? Is there a place I can go to see all
my ratings?

Rick