Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Multiple series in a scatter chart

Each chart series needs X and Y values, and an XY (Scatter) chart uses
numerical data for each. You've only provided enough data for one series,
unless the A-B-C is intended to be used as the X values for two series, in
which case you should use a line chart (the XY will replace text by counting
numbers 1, 2, 3, etc.).

You will also need to take measures to show both percentages and thousands
of pounds on the same chart, probably by plotting one of these on the
secondary axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Viv" wrote in message

A colleague of mine is trying to set up a scatter graph with multiple
series
as follows:

A 10% £20,000
B 15% £15,000
C 12.5% £16,000
etc....

He wants the scatter graph to have a key for each series.

I can't find a way of doing this by selecting a data range. I've been
able
to do this by adding each series individually, but as there are a large
number of series this will take some time.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I hate it when Excel beats me!

Thanks
--
Viv