Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jen the runner[_2_] jen the runner[_2_] is offline

Default Basic question...sorry

thanks

"Balan" wrote:

This is ,in my opinion, a "linear programming" problem. You may have to set
the equations for maximising profits, simulateneously identifying the
constraints ( say, in your case, the combined weight cannot be more than 50
pounds, products cannot be more than 3 and so on). For solving the equations
you may use Excel. If you are not familiar with linear programming nor have
any study material I suggest you refer to wikipedia.org.

"jen the runner" wrote:

I'm new and trying to maximize a shipment with certain parameters. I have 6
products differing in weights (5,4,3.5,3,2,1) each with different costs
(9,8,7,6,5,4) and sale price(17,13,11,9,7,5). I can only send a combination
of 3 products lines with 4-8 pieces of product and cannot weigh more than 50
pounds. I am trying to maximize profit.

I reviewed solver but am lost, can anyone forward me to some help?

Thanks in advance!