Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Hamilton Rick Hamilton is offline

Default "Open With" Excel Does Not Work For TXT File Extension

This does NOT fix my issue. I have scads of folders and files, and they are
best browsed from My Computer/Windows Explorer, not from within Excel's Open
File dialogue. Any other suggestions to FIX the Windows Explorer
dysfunction, anyone?

Rick

"Franz Verga" wrote:

Nel ,
Rick Hamilton ha scritto:
I've done everything I can do, in the Open With/Choose Program
settings, and none of my efforts will allow me to choose Excel. I
select the executable, such as:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE"

save it, then nothing happens. How can I fix this please?

Rick

Hi Rick,

first open Excel, then select the txt file to open (you have to switch the
type of file to open from .xls to *.*).

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy