Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Earl Kiosterud Earl Kiosterud is offline

Default Installation of Several Versions of Excel

Dermot,

In that case, you need only put a shortcut on the desktop, or in the Start Menu, for the
version you want to be able to run. Poke through C:\Program Files\... for each excel.exe
you've installed.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Dermot" wrote in message
Thanks for the replies, I will check this out again, as I did install to
different folders and paths.

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote:

Dermot,

During the install process, when it asks for the folder in which to install Excel
(somewhere
in C:\Program Files), be sure to change it to someething different from any where you
have
Excel installed. Otherwise it just over-writes the previous. Make up names like Excel
2002, Excel 2003, etc.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"Dermot" wrote in message
What is the correct way to install Several Versions of Excel on my PC.
I have XP Pro installed on my C Drive and all my programs on a second H Drive.

Currently I have Excel 2002, 2003 and a 60 day Trial version of Excel 2007
installed on my PC.

I want to be able to open each version in it's own version, but they all
seem to default to Excel 2007.

If I browse and use "Open with" and select the correct version from the
office 10 or 11 folder.....it still opens in excel 2007.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.