Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with Dates

Why not start by reading my message and looking at the points in that?
--
David Biddulph

"relo rob" wrote in message
Here is a small sampling of my file. Clearly not all of these should be
false
I J K
09/09/2007 11/7/2007 FALSE
09/10/2007 9/6/2007 FALSE
09/14/2007 9/10/2007 FALSE
09/14/2007 9/10/2007 FALSE
09/15/2007 9/11/2007 FALSE
09/16/2007 9/12/2007 FALSE
09/17/2007 9/13/2007 FALSE
09/24/2007 9/24/2007 FALSE
09/29/2007 9/30/2007 FALSE
10/01/2007 9/15/2007 FALSE
10/04/2007 10/1/2007 FALSE
10/04/2007 10/1/2007 FALSE
10/04/2007 10/1/2007 FALSE
10/04/2007 9/27/2007 FALSE
10/05/2007 10/2/2007 FALSE
10/08/2007 10/5/2007 FALSE
10/11/2007 10/8/2007 FALSE
10/14/2007 10/11/2007 FALSE
10/15/2007 10/13/2007 FALSE

I would like to use conditional formatting so any date in column I that is
prior to or before the date in column J is highlighted. The way it is now
am just using I<J and not all of them should be false. What am I doing
wrong.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If your data values are really numbers formatted as dates, then your
formula
should work.
Perhaps some of them are text rather than numbers? Check with
=ISNUMBER(I2)
and =ISTEXT(I2) (and correspondingly for J2). Otherwise you can check by
changing the format temporarily to something like dd-mmm-yyyy; if they
don't change, they're presumably text.
--
David Biddulph

"relo rob" wrote in message
I have two columns starting at I2 and J2. I need a formula that will
tell
me
what dates in I2 come before or expire before those in J2. Right now I
have
the columns formatted as Number, Date, 03/14/2001. I have tried
=(I2<J2)
but
that is not working and I guess it's because I am comparing dates and
not
#'s.

Help!