Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
John Calder John Calder is offline

Default Windows SOE

Thanks guys I will look into both answers

John

"John Calder" wrote:

Hi

I run W2K with Excel 2K

Not sure this is the correct place to raise this question but here goes. I
have an excel file on a network drive. When I try to access it and someone
else is using it I get a message telling me the ID of who has the file open
(eg: File is locked for editing by USER). I can then contact this person and
ask them to close it, no problem there.

However I sometimes get a message saying that the file is "Locked for
editing by Windows SOE"

This means I have no idea who has the file open....can anyone tell me why
this might occur?

Thanks

John