Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Odd Conditional Formatting

You have to use the activecell in the selected area in your formula. If you
write the formula correctly, then excel will adjust for all the other cells in
that selection.

What was the address of the activecell?
What was the formula you pasted?
What was in that cell?

If you answer those questions, you may get better responses.

mailrail wrote:

I'm highlighting a whole range of cells and trying to get that conditional
format into each one with the same basic formula. Will that work or do I have
to write an individual formula for each of those 100 or so cells?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What was the address of the activecell?
What was the formula you pasted?
What was in that cell?

mailrail wrote:

i highlighted ALL cells to conditionally format.

"mailrail" wrote:

I was curious whether or not I could conditionally format a cell if it
contains part of what I'm wanting it to look for. In other words, my cells
contain either "W 14" or DDD 12", for example. I just need the cells to
change color based on whether or not it contains the "W" or the "DDD" and not
the number that follows. How do I do this?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson