Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gail gail is offline

Default Linking cells in a Workbook - Formatting is lost

Most unfortunate -

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Gail

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

There is no easy way to link the formatting of one cell to another. The
function you enter into the cell only returns the value of the linked cell.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gail" wrote:

I am re-displaying information on various pages of a workbook, but using the
"=worksheetname,cell" option. I have just discovered that if I have font
formatting in the source cell, it is not redisplayed in the linked cell.

Is there a way to re-display information that will also carry the formatting
with it? In this case the information uses the strikeout feature - which is
important to understanding the context of the information.

Thanks
Gail