Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
annnicho annnicho is offline

Default "Windows cannot find ___.xls. Make sure you typed the name co

I did as you suggested and I am still getting the same error.
Any other ideas?

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi annnicho,

xl 2007 uses different file extensions to those used for xl97-2003. They are
*.xlsx and if macro enabled *.xlsm

You can view them if you open Computer or Windows Explorer and Select
Organize- Folder & Search Options- View tab and uncheck the option for
Hide extensions for known file types.

Hope this helps.

regards,

OssieMac

"annnicho" wrote:

This is an Excel 2007 problem. I get the following error whenever I try to
open an Excel file. The only way that I can successfully open an Excel file,
is to have Excel open and do a file open. This is not efficient and is VERY
annoying.