Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
UKdeejay UKdeejay is offline

Default Hyperlinks in Excel spreadsheets

I am sure the answer to this question can be found in Excel Help but, as I
don't know what I'm looking for is called, I thought I'd try here.

I am creating an alphabetical list of items in Excel 2003, in 2 columns
split in to sections for A, B, C etc. The sections are not of equal length as
there may be more items in section A in column 1 than there are in section A,
column 2.
What I would like to do is, at the top of the spreadsheet, have a link for
each letter of the alphabet, or maybe some multi-letter buttons for less
common letters which, when clicked on, will take the user to the top of the
section for that letter.

I know this can be done in web pages, but can it be done in a spreadsheet?