Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Making single-use spreadsheets, akin to copyright?

hi,
no.
distrubuting a spreadsheet is like distrubuting a paper report. users can
make copies and pass them around. you have control so long as the file is in
your PC. but once the file has left your PC, it is public domain. years ago i
wrote a virus to delete all data in a file and direct users of contact the
file's creator for udated infor and every MVP that read my post jumped on me
with both feet. If you distrubute a file, then you have distrubuited a file
and it is public domain.

regards
FSt1

"Tom Mackay" wrote:

Are there easy/any ways to take a spreadsheet and distribute it to individual
users that ensures those users cannot re-distribute it to other users
themselves?

If anyone knows any other implications of creating spreadhseets for
commercial use and distribution, I 'd appreciate hearing about it. I am just
beginning my research in this area...

Much appreciated,
Tom