Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Glinty Glinty is offline

Default Maximum number of rows in a excel 2003 work sheet

Thanks Peo, It looks like I'm going to have to start learning about Access
then.
Cheers
Glinty
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Max in Excel 2003 is 65536 (in one sheet) whereas Access only limit is
your memory

Peo Sjoblom

"Glinty" <Glinty @nomailatall.co.uk wrote in message
As a new user to excel I am thinking of setting up a data base of my
music. The total number of tracks is in excess of 70,000. I have seen a
simple solution using excel which would be ok but I'm not sure if I can
have 70,000 rows in one work sheet. A friend has suggested access which I
am not familiar with and don't know if this will allow 70,000 entries.
Can anyone please tell me what the maximum numbers are in both access and
excel 2003.

Cheers
Glinty