Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A,B,C etc?

I fret the day when I'll eventually be forced to get XL07!<g

RD

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Thanks, Ron.

Ron de Bruin wrote:

Oops, click Send to soon

On the Ribbon you find it in the Show/Hide group on theView tab

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message

In xl2007, it's under the Office button|Excel Options|View (I think)

section.

Office button|Excel Options
Advanced...... Display options for this worksheet

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message

And then select A1 (to make sure it's visible)
Then select B2
Window|Freeze Panes.

Then your headers will always be visible.

I think most excel users like to see the row and column headings, but

you can
turn them off.

In xl2003, it's:
tools|options|view tab|Uncheck Row & Column Headers

aliceccentric wrote:

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc

and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which

are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

--

Dave Peterson