Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A,B,C etc?

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

You can't. But you could use, for example: row 1 for your column
titles/labels, and/or column A to house your row labels
--
Max
Singapore
"aliceccentric" wrote:
In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

And then select A1 (to make sure it's visible)
Then select B2
Window|Freeze Panes.

Then your headers will always be visible.

I think most excel users like to see the row and column headings, but you can
turn them off.

In xl2003, it's:
tools|options|view tab|Uncheck Row & Column Headers

In xl2007, it's under the Office button|Excel Options|View (I think) section.

aliceccentric wrote:

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

In xl2007, it's under the Office button|Excel Options|View (I think) section.

Office button|Excel Options
Advanced...... Display options for this worksheet

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

aliceccentric wrote:

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I felt the same way the week I switched from standard shift to automatic.
But you will not get be to go back now!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

aliceccentric wrote:

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc

and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns,
which

are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I do believe that's a bad comparison Bernard!<bg

The first time I drove an automatic, I reveled in the fact that a single
motion took the place of 8.

From what I hear about XL07, it's the direct opposite!<g

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
I fret the day when I'll eventually be forced to get XL07!<g

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

aliceccentric wrote:

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C

etc
and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns,
which

are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"aliceccentric" wrote:

In Excel, how do I change the titles of the cells from A, B, C etc and 1, 2,
3 etc? I want to change them to the titles of my rows/columns, which are
words. Can I do this? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You can't. What you can do is remove the column letters/numbers and the row
numbers (Tools - Options - View tab) and insert your column headers in row
1. Does that help? Otto