Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Need a way to generate a deadline period of a process.

Hi Mark,

Try it like this
C1: =IF(A1B1,B1+1-A1,B1-A1) formatted as custom [hh]:mm
D1: =A1+(C1*3) formatted as custom h:mm AM/PM

Input your times in A and B as
11:30 pm
2:25 am
etc.
making sure you include the space.

HTH
Martin

"Mark Fergie" wrote in message
It doesn't seem to work. This is how I calculated C1 (Duration)
=(B1-A1)+IF(B1<A1,1) --- with a custom formatting of [mm]. I tried your
idea,
but doesn't seem to work. Can you be a bit specific about formatting --
how I
enter times. I remember doing it sometime back in AM/PM, but just can't
get
it. Thanks. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Mark,

Maybe try
C1: =IF(A1B1,B1+1-A1,B1-A1)
D1: =C1*3
and format C1 and D1 as custom [hh]:mm

It all really depends on the way you input your times.

HTH
Martin

"Mark Fergie" wrote in message
A1 (Audio Start Time) : 11:30 PM ; B1 (Audio End Time) = 12:30 AM ; C1
(Duration of the audio) [B1-A1] = 60 mins; D1 (Deadline) = ??? ---
where
deadline is, duration multiplied by 3, the resultant converted to hours
and
added to the start time.

I understand that there is a high probability of getting confused.
Please
let me know.

Thanks

"Mark Fergie" wrote:

Hello all,

I am a transcriber. Let's say, I start transcribing an audio at 11:30
PM
and
the audio is 60 minutes long. I have to transcribe a minute of the
audio
(one
minute of speaking in the audio) in 3 actual minutes. So 60 minutes
should
take me three hours, which means my deadline is 2:30 AM. I should have
finished my job by 2:30 AM. Can someone help me out in generating a
formula
which will calculate the deadline time? Thanks