Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Lee Dave Lee is offline

Default Need help with calculation - Duration or Time multiplied by cost

Although this is working for me now I will still answer you

1. When you click in one of your duration cells (say, the 00:15:48 one),
what is shown in the Formula Bar? - 00:15:48 is shown

2. Your 0.0166 multiplier... for what time period is that? Per hour? Per
minute? Per second? - My billing rate is 0.996 pence per minute equalling
0.0166 per second

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
I am so rubbish with Excel but can normally muddle by but I am stuck with
this one.

I have a supplied spreadsheet that contain telephony information. The
sheet contains a duration column (no formatting, just general) that
contains figures like 00:00:44 and 00:15:48

I know that my per second billing is a value of 0.0166

Is there formula I can use to do duration * 0.0166 = cost ?

Two questions...

1. When you click in one of your duration cells (say, the 00:15:48 one),
what is shown in the Formula Bar?

2. Your 0.0166 multiplier... for what time period is that? Per hour? Per
minute? Per second?

Rick