Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Need help with calculation - Duration or Time multiplied by cost

With your time value in A1

=A1*86400*0.0166

or easier to understand

=A1*24*60*60*0.0166

note that it is important that you format the cell with the formula as
currency or number or else it will default to time format since you are
calculating a cell that has that format

You might also want to round to the nearest penny either directly in the
formula or in the sum formula (I am assuming here) to get the totals

=ROUND(A1*86400*0.0166,2)

Peo Sjoblom

"Dave Lee" wrote in message
I am so rubbish with Excel but can normally muddle by but I am stuck with
this one.

I have a supplied spreadsheet that contain telephony information. The
sheet contains a duration column (no formatting, just general) that
contains figures like 00:00:44 and 00:15:48

I know that my per second billing is a value of 0.0166

Is there formula I can use to do duration * 0.0166 = cost ?

I hope this makes sense.. Thanks