Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jim Jim is offline

Default New... Can I even do this?

yes you can! have you tried using the auto filters?.. they can group cells
the have similar criteria... better yet the custom filters let you specify
criteria in cells that you want to see...

hope this helps!

take care
Jim

"allycat1186" wrote:

I work in an assessment office and I enter alot of tables that involve pin
numbers, property address, owner, owner address, as well as other
information. I would like to be able to 'freeze' the rows and be able to
sort by these different categories without the rows getting all messed up.
Can I even do this in excel? Is there a better program to work with?