Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim Jim is offline

Default row comparison

Thank you, I will try and look up how to do that.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

I think your best bet is to generate a Pivot table off your data, then
convert the Pivot table to values

"Jim" wrote:

I do not know if this is even possible to do in excel but here goes. I have a
table with three columns: Location, Item, Quantity.

I need rows that have the location and item the the same to have the
quantity added together and then delete the old rows creating a new row of
just one. The locations are formatted as text due to its containing numbers
and letters. The locations are all of the same length and format. (#######L)
The sheet starts as organized by location if that makes any difference. Not
all locations have duplicates or even the same number of duplicate entries.

Example:

Original
Location Item Quantity
1313011A 12345 10